Bookings for fittings are available now from the Printroom. Bookings for fitings MUST be made for uniform to be ordered, as we don’t hold excess stock at school. Please call Mrs Kami Flitten, on 06 376 8344 ext 213.
NEW UNIFORM 2018
Resulting from our consultation with students and the community, we are delighted to launch our new uniform for 2018.
The uniform is attractive and versatile for mixing and matching, with blue-black skirts, shorts and trousers available for all students, with a blue long or short sleeved shirt or blouse for Years 9 -12, and the Year 13 students will have a point of difference of a white shirt or blouse.
We introduced the new uniform in 2018, with the expectation that all students be the new uniform by 2019. Of course, students at all year levels are able to purchase the new uniform if they wish.
CHANGES TO THE UNIFORM
The main changes are:
• Tararua College uniform is purchased directly from the school. You will have a fitting and will order at school.
• The Year 13 students wear white shirts with an embroidered crest, as a point of difference to the rest of the school who are in blue shirts
• Students can wear shorts, trousers or a skirt
• Students can wear long or short sleeved shirts or blouses
• We are a KidsCan school, which means students have access to showerproof jackets and shoes-just ask us
• Shoes - the ideal school shoe is a black leather look shoe. Plain black sports style are permitted providing they are leather look. Plain low cut black sports shoes that are not ankle boots/basketball boot style with no visible markings or white soles etc. are acceptable in most situations. (Canvas or other material sports shoes are NOT to be worn in technology workshops or food preparation areas - N.B. all Year 9 & 10 will be doing technology).
• No sandals
• We have replaced the jersey with a plain navy soft shell jacket
• Ties remain optional
• Anyone can opt into the new uniform if they wish to purchase