Following our recent consultation on the College Uniform Code, the Board of trustees has updated our Code as detailed below.
- The wearing of correct uniform is required at college and in the community.
- The school uniform can be purchased online from Argyle School wear: https://www.argyleonline.co.nz/school
- The school holds a small amount of stock for sizing purposes only. If required, the school can complete the online order on your behalf.
- All uniform items must be regulation Tararua College design.
- The uniform is gender neutral, and all items are permitted to be worn at any time of the year:
- Blue shorts, blue pants, blue skirt
- Year 9-12 blue short or long sleeve shirt
- Year 13 white short or long sleeve shirt
- Blue school jersey
- Blue school soft shell jacket
- Black socks or long black tights
- School beanie or cap
- Full black shoes / sandals / ankle boots (hard covered shoes are required for all technology subjects)
- Black or blue Jacket
- Black or blue scarf
- Black t-shirt/thermal can be worn underneath uniform.
- If a student cannot wear the correct school uniform they will need:
- A note from home to be given to the deputy principal before the first class of the day.
- The college will loan the student clean, tidy uniform items that are needed for that day.
- The following items are acceptable to be worn with the Tararua College school uniform.
- If a student is wearing any item not on the list, they will be asked to remove it.
- Nail polish
- Black mascara
- Necklaces, bracelets, rings (will be required to remove for health and safety reasons)
- Stud or pearl earrings
- One nose stud
- The following standards are required for personal appearance:
- Boys to be clean shaven.
- Natural hair colours
- Long hair to be tied back for health and safety reasons.
- Tattoos are permitted.
- If any of the above is deemed offensive or gang related, you will be asked to remove it or cover it up.
- The final decision of acceptable dress is at the discretion of the principal.